CLASS A (ROTORCRAFT) TRAINING COURSE
UAPL Training and Assessment for the Removal of Weight Limitation for Restricted UOP Holders
Course code: UT03B
S$1,499 / person
Course code: UT03B
20% discount for all signups in 2020. Use code: TWENTYTWENTY
About this course
This course prepares existing UOP holders who fall under the restricted UOP to attain their Class A (Rotorcraft) UAPL limited to multi-rotor up to 25kg only.
The course comprises 3 parts:
– 2 theory modules
Practical Training (2 modules)6h
– 2 modules: large multi-rotor UAs (>15kg)3h each
UAPL Practical Assessment1h
– 1 flight assessment by an Authorised Flight Examiner: small and large multi-rotor UAs up to 25kg
Trainees completing this practical training program can expect to log 1.25 flight hours.
Instructor to trainee ratio
Theory – 1:12
Practical – 1:2
Assessment – 1:1
1.25 flight hours
4 modules + 1 flight assessment
Approx. 33 hours to complete
Things to know
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
67 Ayer Rajah Crescent #06-25, Singapore 139950
UAPL PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT
By appointment only
Field along Old Holland Road / Fields along Ayer Rajah Crescent
What you will learn
|Theory Module 1||T010||General UAS Knowledge|
|T020||Principles of Flight|
|Theory Module 2||T040||Navigation and Meteorology|
|T060||Safety and Operations|
|Quiz||T001.E1||50 multiple choice questions|
Practical training is divided in two phases:
- Mock evaluation to demonstrate proficiency in operating small multi-rotor UAs + Operation of a large multirotor UA (weighing at least 15kg)
- Operation of a large multirotor UA (weighing at least 15kg)
Proficiency in small multi-rotor UA operation must be demonstrated through a practical flight evaluation before training in large multi-rotor UA operation can proceed. The practical flight evaluation is conducted as a mock practical assessment and also serves to familiarize the trainee with the procedures for the UAPL Practical Assessment.
|Training Module 1||P011.E1||Mock Evaluation|
|P011.01||Full Circuit and Orientation Revision|
|Training Module 2||P011.02||Full Circuit and Orientation Revision|
Objective: Evaluate a candidate’s proficiency and confidence in operating a multi-rotor UA weighing up to 25kg to the standards required to attain a Class A (Rotorcraft) UAPL.
|Flight Assessment||A001.01||Class A (Rotorcraft) UAPL Practical Assessment|
- Existing UOP holders who fall under the “restricted UOP”* and want to attain their Class A (Rotorcraft) UAPL, limited to multi-rotor up to 25kg only.
- Existing UOP holders who have at least one large rotorcraft (weighing at least 7kg) that is approved within their existing UOP, but have a GPS mode restriction.
*Restricted UOP holders refers to UA pilots who do not have at least one large multi-rotor (weighing at least 7kg) that is approved within their existing UOP.
Note: Trainees who wish to enrol must ensure that they do not have any sort of Class A (Rotorcraft) UAPL. For trainees who have a valid Class A (Rotorcraft) UAPL, should consider UT03A.